Bibliography for Tim's NSA 2007 Conference Presentation
By Tim Mackesey, CCC-SLP
1. Speech Pathology Texts
Guitar, Barry (1998). Stuttering: An integrated approach to its nature and treatment. Baltimore, USA. Lipincott, Williams, and Wilkins
Shapiro, David (1999). Stuttering Intervention: A collaborative journey to fluency freedom. Austin, TX. Pro-Ed
Manning, Walter (1996). Clinical decision making in the diagnosis and treatment of fluency disorders. Albany, NY. Delmar publishers.
Onslow, Mark, et. al (2003). The Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention: A clinician’s guide. Austin, TX. Pro-Ed.
Halvorson, Jerry (1999). Abandoned: Now stutter my orphan. Halvorson Publishing. [The Monster Studies]
Sheehan, J.G., & V.M. Sheehan (1984). Avoidance-reduction therapy: A response suppression hypothesis. In W.H. Perkins, Stuttering Disorders.
Stuttering Foundation of America. Books and videos. 1-800-992-9392
2. Cited Articles
Dillolo, Manning, and Neimeyer (2003). Cognitive anxiety as a function of speaker role for fluent speaker and persons who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders. Vol. 28, #3. Elsevier Publications
Mackesey, Tim (2002). More than meets the eye contact aversion. Perspectives in Fluency Disorders. April, 2002.
Starkweather & Givens (2003). Stuttering as a Variant of PTSD. ISAD on-line conference
3. Cognitive Psychology, Neuro Linguistics, Personal Improvement
1. Bodenhamer, Bob (2005). Mastering Blocking and Stuttering: A Cognitive Approach to Achieving Fluency. Wales, UK. Crown House Publishing
2. Brooks, Michael (1989). Instant Rapport. NY, NY. Warner Books [eye patterns, language preferences, and other rapport essentials]
3. Burns, David (1989) The Feeling Good Handbook. N.Y, Penguin Books. pp. 8-11 4. Dilts, Robert (1995). Dynamic Learning. Capitola, CA. Meta Publications
5. Loftus, Elizabeth (1980). Memory: surprising new insights into how we remember and why we forget. USA. Addison-Wesley publishers.
6. Gordon, David. (1978). Therapeutic Metaphors. Capitola, CA. Meta Publications
7. Hall, L. Michael (2001). Mind Lines: Lines for Changing Minds 4th edition. Clifton, Co.. Neuro-Semantics publications. [reframing skills]
8. Hall, L. Michael & Bodenhamer, Bob (1998). Adventures with Time Lines. [time-line therapy]
9. Hall, L. Michael & Bodenhamer, Bob (1999). The User’s Manual for the brain: the complete guide for NLP practitioner certification. Crown House Publishing.
10. Hall, L. Michael. (1999). The Sourcebook of Magic: A comprehensive guide to the technology of NLP. U.K. Crown House Publishing
11. Battino, Rubin (2002). Metaphoria: Metaphor and guided metaphor for psychotherapy and healing. U.K. Crown House
12. Hall, L. Michael (2002). Movie Mind. Clifton, Co. Neuro Semantics publications.
13. Maltz, Matthew (2000). Psychocybernetics 2000. USA. Prentice Hall [visualization, self-improvement, “running your brain”]
Several of these titles are available at www.chpus.com